My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Aging Body and growing hair

I saw my oncologist almost two months ago.  It was the longest time in between visits that I have had thus far.  Today is Thursday, and I will see her Tuesday.  I am assuming everything will go fine.  I haven't had particularly anything awful happen.  Just the same stuff.  Very tender tongue, bottoms of feet and very tender palms.  I seem to be aging off the scale fast, on my face.  It is happening other places also, but my face visually ages weekly.  That has been disheartening, but Kim keeps telling me he doesn't notice nor does he care.  I told him after several more months I will look like his mom, not his wife.  

My hair is probably about two inches or just under, and curly, and the orange has washed out.  I am getting it colored next week before our vacation so I have noticeable hair.  I won't color it myself, as you saw in a previous post, it didn't take for some reason. 

Can't wait to find out about my blood tests.  They have always been pretty good.  I am planning on it being the same. It was so nice to have had a two month break. More to tell next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment