My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy day at her office. A day to share my thoughts with my Doctor

I really haven't been ignoring my blog.  I would never purposely do that.  This is my story on my cancer road, and it is a beautiful ride right now, but not a lot is happening which is incredible!

I saw my oncologist last week.  I had "Lucy" flushed and blood drawn through her.  Everything looked good. I feel good and I don't feel I have anything wrong with me, especially any type of cancer.  I only still have itching, and we addressed it.  I now am tripling my medication.   She asked me if it made me feel sedated.  I have gotten sleepy in the afternoon after I doubled it but didn't realized it was that medication.

After we addressed the itching, I told her I needed to talk to her.  We looked each other in the eyes and I told her that God sent her to me and me to her.  She smiled her wonderful smile that I have so grown to love.  She didn't quite know what to say. I think it made her happy.  I started to cry, and with a lump in my throat I couldn't say anything more.  Kim finished what I had begun and told her that since it was a month of Thanksgiving, that I had wanted to thank her for everything she had done for me.  I will have a CT scan again between Christmas and New Years is what she said.  Then I will see her January 6th!

My first day tripling my medication for itching, I felt like a zombie.  I really felt sedated and like I couldn't drive or anything.  I was tripling it three times a day.  I realized that I can't triple it at work or away from home.

On the way home from her office, I recalled the first several weeks into my cancer and remembered how sick I used to get and how sometimes I would be right down in bed a few hours or half a day.  I remembered the many things it was doing to me to make me so uncomfortable.  Now....I feel great!  I asked Kim  what has happened that I don't ever feel like that anymore?  I feel totally normal.  He said simply, " it's all the prayers given for you". I smiled and realized how correct he was and how my life has changed for the better.  If my cancer is playing havoc in me, I sure don't feel it.  I sure hope it isn't doing that.

I went and got a foot zoning Friday, and when I went in, one of the first questions she asked me was if I was still taking chemo.  I told her no, not for two months.  She said she could tell I wasn't.  I asked her how and she said that I didn't have a black color surrounding me that chemo brings.  Wow.  I didn't know that.

Well, I am playing the waiting game till the end of the year, and loving life and feeling totally normal.   Thank you again to you all for caring about me!  I love you all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment