My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Great day to be alive!

I am sooooo happy today:  Let me tell you why:

Friday, April 18, I met my new Family Doctor for the first time. Kim and I really liked him a lot.  He spent 1 1/2 hours with me that day.  Kim went with me to see what he thought of him.  We both were completely sold on him. He was so supportive of me with all the stuff he will be treating me for, especially my cancer. It was a great appointment.

Today, 4 days later, I went to see my oncologist.  I haven't seen her for 2 months, and she was glad to see us again.
2 good things:
1.  My blood was great.  Nothing out of the ordinary
2.  She said I am doing great. And no CT scan for 3 or 4 more months! 

I haven't had a CT scan since Christmas but she doesn't feel I need to have another for quite some time.  She made the comment that I have been coming to her now for almost a year. I told her that by my first oncologists opinion, I should almost be dead.  Then Kim, (cough), said, (cough, cough):  "He is a horses ---". I looked at him like, "what did you just say"?
My doctor peeked around her computer at him with this surprised look like, "did you just say what I think you did"? We both were staring at him for just blurting that out. I felt like saying, "Kim......tell us how you feel about him, why don't you?" Then my doctor started laughing.  She started trying to give us that other doctors point of view those 11 months ago, and why he would say the things he did.  After she was through talking, Kim said. " He's still a  butthead. I will now shut my mouth". We both were laughing.

Anyway....I am so thankful for today.  I feel even more certain than I did before that I am doing  good, and that I need to make goals and plans for my life more than just a few months in advance.  

She helped me today with some of the things happening to me from the chemo, but told me that I am lucky.  Most people have such worse things to go through.  I was so in agreement.

Anyway, I feel on top of the world today!  Woo hoo! I am loving life!!!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh !!! Great day :) I love Kim's comment ha ha ...... I wonder how.he really feels though ;) thanks for sharing terry lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way Kim tells it like it is! Congrats on the good news!

    ReplyDelete