My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Starting Path #2


My Oncologists Office;  September 9, 2014
 
 
This was a little nerve racking waiting today to see what Dr. Klein was going to have me do now that she has taken me off of Nexivar.  Last night, we prayed that she would know the direction she needed to go for me and what medication would be best for me. So..........
 
She looked at me and asked me how I felt.  I told her I feel wonderful.  All of the side effects of Nexivar are gone and I really feel fantastic.  I asked her what we were going to do now....... She rested her chin on her wrist and just quietly stared at me.  Looking right into me.  I remember thinking,
"Ok, Father in Heaven.  This is your turn now. Remember our prayer last night?  She is waiting for your answer now".
 
Then she stopped thinking and said that she didn't want to use any intravenous drugs out there for liver cancer.  They didn't work very good.  Nexivar worked best.  She said she didn't want to give me chemo that would cause toxins that would give me bad side effects and most likely wouldn't even help me.
 
She remembered how my liver cancer is different than she had ever seen.  I should have cirrhosis of the liver with hepotoma cancer of the liver and be VERY sick.  I should also have  lots of tumors in the liver.  I don't fit that scenario at all.
 
She said my tumors are more by the biliary duct going into my liver, (or was it going out?). And she wanted to check around the country looking for someone doing cancer tests on that particular place,  the biliary duct.  Then that would be fine tuned just for me.
 
All of my blood tests looked really good, especially since I was not taking Nexivar any more.  I am not sick, so she said she wants to take the time to find out something out there for me...just little ol' me! She is so awesome!!!
 
Wow......she told me to come back in 2 weeks and in the meantime, she will be checking things out, get it pre-approved by our insurance, and go for it.  I GET TWO MORE WEEKS TO FEEL GREAT!  Woo hoo. I may not be chemo sick now for my birthday!  
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I will add my prayers with so many others that are being said. We love you Terry Lynn:) Carol Neel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you looking all spiffy ! We will be praying for your Dr Terry Lynn ! She sounds like a wonderful person and I have no doubt that the Lord will help her make the right decision for you . Have a good "feel good " week and the best Bday ever !

    ReplyDelete