My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

This Past Year on The Nexivar Path of my life.....Starting a new path in 2 days.


Wow, what a ride this has been this past Nexivar (my Chemo) year.  This is a picture of me "pre-Nexivar".  My own hair. As I look at it, it makes me sad how this drug really aged my face. :(
 
Kim and I before Cancer


This necklace is from our kids for me to wear when I got chemo, which I never had to go get it.  I just took the oral medication below. 
 




After 5 days of taking the Nexivar, this is what happened to me.  I was covered from my scalp to my feet. You can see where they inserted "Lucy", my port in the first picture
These are the letters I got in the mail when I was feeling like I wanted my mom!  The next week, all of these letters came in the mail in my mothers handwriting, talking about her cancer to her sister.  My cousin sent them to me.  These letters came 30 years after mom died.

 
Kim and I going to "Relay For Life"  The shirts they gave us.

 
After my hair falling out so bad, I got my head shaved.

 
My two sassy wigs I got for that very bald head!

 
My BFF necklace Kim gave me for Christmas.  One for him and one for me.  He still wears it.

 
The Young Women bright me this just before they went to girls camp, and I couldn't go from being sick.
 
 
There are so many more memories than this but that will suffice.  So bring on this new path of my cancer.  I am ready.  I will tell what happens when I see my oncologist in two days.   


3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending all the prayers and positive energy I have your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a journey you have endured. Stay strong. Stay positive! Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry Lynn you are my hero :) so brave and strong ! Good vibes and lots of prayers for you and Kim as you start on a new path of your journey

    ReplyDelete