My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Monday, August 31, 2015

August Oncologist Visit. Still lethargic

I went to see my oncologist on the 25th, really hoping she would be back from her stroke.  No such luck.  She still hasn't gotten her strength back yet.  They say she had a mild stroke.  It doesn't sound like it to me.  It has been several months now since her stroke. 

I did have lots to ask to the replacement doctor.  I still am so lethargic and tired.  I have no stamina.  I am hating feeling this way all the time.  When I wake up in the morning, I have no zip in me for the day.  And I always want naps and to go to bed early.  He said it is still the radiation.  Really?  I thought that was long gone.  But he was emphatic that it was the radiation.  At least I have a reason to feel so tired still.  I go back in 3 more months.

I still have my days that I hurt terribly inside and ache in all of my joints.  Especially my hips and legs.  I can handle that.  It goes away after a few days.  I sometimes wonder if my cancer is growing again.  I will have pangs of pain in that area where I used to before the radiation.  I don't like to think that it might be growing again though.  Other than that, I think I do pretty good.  I just wish I wasn't so tired so much.  I did start going to water aerobics a few weeks ago.  I find it is helpful for my joints to be in the water.  Onward and upward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment