My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I can't take it with me!

I know when one dies, that they can't take any of their possessions with them, but it really hit home yesterday.

I bought a bunch of small jewelry ziplock bags for earring size, and some necklace /bracelet size bags.  I got my jewelry box which is about 3 feet tall and mated and bagged up all of my jewelry.  I have a nice ring for each of my daughters that I assigned to each of them.  As I was bagging up all of the jewelry, I had a hard time thinking of parting with some of them.  It was then that I was strongly reminded that I can't take any of my things with me when I leave this earth.  No matter how much I love it.

5 comments:

  1. I think we get to take our most precious thing with us. Our memories!!! :) Also each other. I know I will be waiting for my family to join me or for me to join them, Families are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we get to take our most precious thing with us. Our memories!!! :) Also each other. I know I will be waiting for my family to join me or for me to join them, Families are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hearts ache for you and our prayers continue.
    Chris and Abe

    ReplyDelete
  4. TerryLynn my heart has been so sad to hear about this. I want you to know that you have made such a great impact on my childhood and teenage years! I'm thinking so much about you and your sweet family. You are all in my prayers�� Try to remember that while our earthly possessions are important, and your girls will LOVE to have them, YOU have already given all of your children the most amazing, incredible possession they could EVER want or need: YOU for their eternal mother and best friend!!! I love you!! Lindsey Gooch Carrigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete