My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Oncologist #2

The day we went to see this doctor, everything, and everyone in the office was a positive change.  We spent 3 hours in this office between all the staff, the assisting doctor and the doctor.  She had all of my records and she said she wanted to have my biopsy read again to see if there was a mistake.  After it was read again, there had been a mistake, and the cancer was not associated with my pancreas!!!  Oh my, my!  I would have started chemo with doctor #1 by now to fix something that wasn't broken!!!  Oncologist #2 wanted a second biopsy with a surgeon this time.  A laproscopic biopsy.  I met with the surgeon, and it would be quite intensive.  He also was going to insert in my collarbone a port catheter to hook the chemo to each time I would have a treatment.  I was in the hospital for 2 nights.  Yesterday, I finally got my results back from my oncologist that I have liver cancer.  But I was told by the assisting doctor, "This is doable".  Those were the words she used.  I liked those words.  Those words give me hope.  I meet with her on Tuesday the 25th of June after I go to the surgeons office to get all my bandages off from the biopsy and my port.  She will then tell me what my future holds for me.  I have hope.  High hope.  This has been quite the ride.  On a horrible rollercoaster to be exact.

Thank goodness for all of my family and friends who have given me hope, love, kindness, and especially for Kim.  He has given me many blessings this past few weeks.  I have been carried literally, just like that poem of "Footprints in the Sand".  There have been only one set of footprints, and they weren't mine.  I couldn't have gone through this alone. 


7 comments:

  1. TerryLynn, I'm so sorry you are going through this awful time, but love your positive attitude! I have hope and know that everything will be good. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman. I have always admired your enthusiasm for life and positive attitude. You are strong and will get through this. We are cheering and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Gert. U iz mah hero. Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Terry Lynn. You are in our thought and prayers daily. You go GIRLFRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to beat this! :) You are stronger than the cancer, and you have so many people to help give you strength when you need it. We all love you :) I don't know why you have to go through this, but I know you will be even smarter and wiser once you are free and clear of it. :)

    We are all on your side! Yay for Team TL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just so glad you finally have some news as to what's going on, so you can finally move forward entirely! One step at a time...but like Aunt CoyAnn said, you're such a strong person, you are stronger than the cancer. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!!! You're right!! Insensitive is quite and understatement!!! However, It's probably a good thing that the mistake went from pancreatic to liver cancer and not the other way around. Liver cancer is definitely the better choice. I will keep my fingers toes and hairs crossed and all my prayers going up to heaven for you. Thanks for creating this blog I have been wondering what was going on but didn't want to bother you guys.

    ReplyDelete