My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

My physical symptoms from cancer or chemo.

I have had several people ask me how I am feeling, and what are my symptoms?  Here is what is happening on a daily basis:

My hair is still falling out.  Maybe it will continue until it is all gone.  I don't know.

The palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet are red and are very heat sensitive.  They are quite sore most of the day.  I have to wear socks since my feet are too sensitive to walking barefoot. With my hands, they are too sore to unscrew bottles, or do things that require pressure to my hands.

My tongue is also very sore all of the time.  Even toast is hard to chew because it hurts.  It is also very heat sensitive and I have to have my food cooled way down.

High blood pressure and headaches a lot.

Bloating and abdominal pain occasionally.

My knees hurting

I feel so lucky that is all I have!  It could be soooooo much worse.  I can handle those things. I thank my Father in Heaven all the time that I don't have worse symptoms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment