My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Diagnosed with Cancer 6 1/2 months ago

I was diagnosed with cancer 6 1/2 months ago.  By my first oncologists time line for me......I have 5 1/2 months left to live, and I don't even look sick yet!  Hum.  I think he rattled our family carelessly.  My blood tests come back every 2 weeks not much different than the month before.  Not to say that prayers of you all haven't helped me immensely.  They have.  They have also helped me emotionally.  I don't believe what that doctor said to me that day, but it has been hard to erase that comment from my mind.  I think I have to get really ill looking and feeling, before kicking the bucket.  I have a long way to go to get to that point.......thankfully! In fact, I tell myself.... maybe I don't really have cancer.  Maybe its all a big mistake!!!!  ;)  Don't I wish!

2 comments:

  1. One day at a time terrry lynn ;) you don't look or act the part of a sick and ready to kick the bucket person ! " Don't you give up , don't you quit " like Elder Holland said ,you are awesome and we are all in this right with you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Terry Lynn, I just found your blog and what a brave person you are. I am going through the same thing as you, ( I started Nexavar today !! ).

    Take care, I hope things are going well for you, and I do understand what you are going through.

    Love and Peace

    Mick

    ReplyDelete