My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

I want my mommy!

With all of the pain I have been having in my right side by the tumors, I decided to call and find out when my next CT scan was planned for.  I was told it would be the first part of November.  I told her how I had been feeling and she said that we ought to do it ASAP.  Well, yesterday I had a CT scan.  Something unusual happened this time.  I have had so many CT's,  that it is 'old hat' now for me to go have it.  I always have the same lady do it and her and I have gotten to be friends.  I just love her.  Well, I went in on the bed you lie on and she put the IV in and said she would be back in a couple of minutes.  All of a sudden, I wanted my mom.  I wanted her there with me. I was just like a little child that wanted their mommy.  I didn't want to be alone.  And the tears just leaked out of my eyes down my cheeks and into my hair.  I don't know what came over me.  That hadn't happened before. When she came back in, she saw my tears and asked me if I was ok?  I told her yes.  She handed me a tissue and commented that she hadn't seen me react like that before.  I told her I hadn't.  Then I thought to myself, that because I had seen her so many times doing this, that she was my comfort.  She was my surrogate mother at my CT scan.  (There was no way that I was going to tell her that though). Anyway, my tears streamed down into my hair through the whole scan, and when she came back in, she said that I was going to make her cry.  When I talked to Kim about it, he thought that maybe my mom was there was why I felt like that.  I don't know if she was or not.  It would have been great if she was though.

I will know my results next week when I have my appointment.  Geeze, I hate cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment