My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Surgical plan. Feelings of Peace

Yesterday I had felt was going to be such a scarey day for me.  I was meeting with two important doctors that would be in my life and Kim had to work.  I was going to have to meet with them alone.  I don't like alone in this situation.  I ended up having my sister and daughter come with me.

The night before these appointments, Kim gave me a blessing of comfort and blessed these new doctors to know what to do for me.  He asked for guardian angels to be with me also.  All of the above happened.  I have never felt so at peace.

The first doctor I visited, couldn't hardly believe my liver cancer.  He had never seen it like this before, (reruns from 2 1/2 years ago listening to doctors talk about my cancer). He said he had three plans.  After explaining them all, I asked him which one he thought would work best for me.  Here is the plan:

It is called radioembolization.  They will go through my groin with a catheter with an exact amount of radioactive beads that will go inside each liver lesion and zap them.  I responded SO PERFECTLY to radiation on those three tumors, that they want to hit these lesions inside the liver with radiation also.  It will take two trips to St. Marks Hospital in Salt Lake.  There is not that bad of side effects I don't think.  Nausea  and some bleeding after the procedure and feeling very tired and lethargic for several weeks.  (Oh yay.  Just in time for the holidays to not have energy.  Oh well, so be it). THATS IT! There was no horrible bomb dropped about scarey side effects.  My sister was with me and we both felt so positive and peaceful about the plan.  It seemed so obvious!  He said it would be a couple of weeks before we start.  It sounded quite intricate.  I am excited to get going.

A few hours later, I met for the first time with my new oncologist.  When he walked into the room, and knew everything about me starting at the on sought of my cancer, I was impressed.  The biggest plus was when I told him about the surgery that the first doctor thought would work for me.  He got a smile and said that he was on board 100%.  That was exactly his thoughts.  Hallelujah!  Both doctors agreed on what should be done.  I felt that peace again and I knew I was being blessed. I felt so happy  and comforted all day long.  It was an exceptional day.  Now I just hope for a good Endoscopy report tomorrow. Then I can relax for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment