My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Our Christmas Miracle

Christmas Eve was one of the most memorable events that I will never forget.  It was like it happened to somebody else.  Not Kim and I. 

Before Christmas Eve, we got a few Christmas cards in the mail, anonymously with money in them.  It was crazy and we didn't know why people were doing it. Then Christmas Eve day, someone brought by a huge jar filled with change and bills inside on top.  I brought it in the house and just sat at the table and bawled my eyes out.  Why were people picking us to be so kind to?  Why were they singling us out of everyone who needed help?  When Kim got home, he went through the numbness of it all like I had.  We were so humbled.

Then one of the girls who used to be in my young women class, showed up at my house with a card.  She told me that she told her mom that she wanted the money they would spend for her for Christmas and she gave it to me in her card.  Another tear jerker!!  A teenager giving up Christmas for me??? Why me???

I knew our kids had been up to something.  And we were about to find out.  After all of our Christmas Eve party was over and gifts opened, all of our kids and spouses got together to give us one last gift, and all these cameras came out.  I looked from one to another and they were all standing in a row pointed phones our way.  They sent us on a treasure hunt, and we came back with a vase of flowers and a wrapped box.  The box was opened and there was  stacks of $20 bills that seemed endless.  Kim asked them if they robbed a bank. We both were so touched.  I was again a bawling mess.  The excitement of the kids were so evident and we found out that they had all collectively participated in some way or another together in fund raisers for money for my cancer.  It was the most humbling experience.  That all of this money came from our neighbors, friends, acquaintances, ward members, non- members, county residents, people we didn't know, people our kids know who don't know us, people from literally all over the world!!! Anonymously giving money to us!!! To help with our cancer bills. 

After they gave us the box with the money in it, Emily had made a video with all of the kids and grandkids in it and showed parts of the three projects they did to make money.  It was so touching.  I couldn't believe it.  I still can't believe people did this for us!! It is sooooooo humbling and we have been entrusted with this money for my cancer care.  Wow.

 Just while I have been typing this post, the doorbell rang with another envelope from several families that  are our relatives near by.  (I will wait till Kim gets home from work and let him open it).  This is unbelievable.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Merry Christmas to all of you who participated in this special Christmas for us.  We wish we could hug each person. 

This is the video that our kids had for us to watch.  It was really a tender video to our hearts.  Thanks kids!!!    

3 comments:

  1. Amazing. You are truly blessed and loved. May your New Year be the best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's work in human form. There IS good in this world! And I know how much you appreciate it and will use it for what it is intended for...to beat this cancer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone who knows you, loves you! Everyone wants to help you fight this battle, and you WILL win.

    ReplyDelete