My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Second Radiation Surgery date

Wow.  I didn't know that I hadn't written since the first of the month.  I guess because I haven't felt well that I didn't.

I have "so much" to write.  So many things have happened.

Let's go back a few weeks:  I think I had nausea for three to four weeks post surgery.  No appetite, and very little sounded good to eat.  Silly though, that I always thought tacos sounded good.  We went to Taco Bell or some taco joint " A LOT"!!!  I wonder why.  And fruit always sounds good.

Anyway, I finally got over sickness and tiredness.  No more needed naps or lying down to just rest.  And I started really feeling good!!!! Better than I have felt in quite awhile.

On the 22nd, we went to St. Marks and I had an MRI. (Remind me that I don't like those.  I forgot).  Then we went over to the surgeon who does my radiation down there.  I had a million questions it seemed from all of the things I went through post surgery.  All of them were normal, but I just had bad cases of all side effects, but still normal side effects.

We set another date for the second radiation surgery.  He never got into the left side of my liver to give any radiation.  There are black holes in places he did radiate which means the tumor is dead there.  I found out that "black holes" are good in the tumors.  And I have some.  They haven't had time to shrink yet though.

My second surgery will be January 6th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment