My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Fainting

I have debated for about a week whether I should put this on my blog.  Then I thought:  This is my journal of my cancer.  It is part of what I am going through.  Put it on the blog.

Last Saturday was our daughters birthday.  We went up to her house to give her a card before she left for the Utes game.  When I got home, I needed to shower.  I got in the shower and kept feeling extremely weak.  So weak that I was too weak to keep my arms up washing my hair.  I had not  a smidge of energy.  I felt faint and so I sat down in the shower.  I called Kim to come in and told him I felt like I was going to faint.  He got in the shower with me to help me back up, and that's all I remember.  I guess I fainted and he caught me.  He was really upset because he didn't know if I was alive or dead. I remember coming to and then instantly throwing up.  After cleaning us both up, Kim took me in to lie down.  It was Saturday, so he called the doctor on call.  Kim told him what had happened and he wanted Kim to take my blood pressure.  It was so low.  The doctor said this was common for having a Y90 surgery.  (That is the name of the surgery I had.) He said that 10-14 after surgery it was common to have post embolization syndrome.  And I was out 10 days exactly.  He said it was the worst part of post surgery.  (Hey, nobody told me about no syndrome!!!)

The doctor said I was dehydrated and if I couldn't get the top blood pressure number to go above 100, I would need to go to the ER and have them give me fluids.  Kim pumped me with fluids.  I have had a struggle keeping it over 100.  It hasn't been easy. For the next 24 hours, I didn't dare go anywhere in case it happened again. That was very frightening to us both. 

1 comment:

  1. What a frightening experience. Glad Kim was there to help you and be with you. Nothing is scarier than watching a loved one go through something like this or being the one experiencing it. Hope you are recovering and feeling better. Sending good thoughts your way....

    ReplyDelete