My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I need to bring it DOWN!

This past 2 weeks have been some rough waters as I have had very high blood pressure, which is a reaction to my chemo, and it is doing a number on me.  Between my oncologist and family doctor, it just hasn't come down much, which in turn, may be the culprit of my severe headaches.  I have also been told it may be stress headaches, but what would I be stressed about?¥#*.
Whatever the reason, I have them night and day, and I seem to have no energy.  And to top it all off,  the gastrointestinal problems have been painful.  I am very much looking forward to my blood pressure being in normal range again so I can try to get to the about of chemo I need to be helped.  I am not there yet, and it sometimes gets frustrating. After listening to general conference, I loved the talks on trials in our lives, and I want to be like that tree that President Monson talked about that grew with the winds and rains, and what good wood it would someday make.  I loved that poem, and I should try to get a copy of that.

This is to a better week!  Onward and upward!

(I sure have the sweetest husband ever.  He is my best friend! )

1 comment:

  1. I think you're already pretty good timber. But here's the poem:

    “Good Timber" by Douglas Malloch

    Good timber does not grow with ease,
    The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
    The further sky, the greater length.
    The more the storm, the more the strength.
    By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
    In trees and men good timbers grow.

    ReplyDelete