My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Good News or Bad News? Radiation is coming.

Wow!  Good news or bad news is the question?  I accept this as good news........

Two days ago, I saw my doctor to have her report to me on my CT scan.  All of the tumors have grown about 1/4 inch, one a little more than 1/4 inch. So that harmone blocker was not working, and the tumors continue to grow.  She wants me to start radiation.  She didn't know if radiation could even get into there and zap them.

Well, I just got a call from her today telling me that the radiation oncologist whom she picked, seems very positive that he can help me and that he should be calling me to meet with me. Wow.  Awesome!  It won't be a walk in the park.  She said it most likely would be every day except weekends for 4-6 weeks!!  Holy cow!  I sure hope that they let me drive myself.  I can't expect others to haul me down there every day for weeks.........that would make me feel sooooooooo uncomfortable.  (Take a deep breath..........)

So where do I go from here?  I wait for this doctor's call, which I think will be soon.  Then my Heavenly Father will guide the rest.  "He" is in the driver's seat.  I am going along for the ride. I hope the ride isn't real bumpy.  I kind of choose them to be smooth, but who am I kidding?  I need to prepare for ruts in the road.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the radiation will shrink those nasty tumors for good! Put on your seat belt Terry Lynn!

    ReplyDelete