My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Puzzle of my Life


 
I have been putting this puzzle together that I got for Christmas.  It is a 1000 piece puzzle, and as you see, I am not even close to being half done.  At this point in the puzzle, I am having a hard time finding pieces for other areas.  I look at all the pieces that I have left, and I wonder if I can really finish it.  As I sit at the table, I look through the box, and I find one piece that fills in a hole here, and then I find another that fills in a hole there, and then another and so on.  It seems tedious, but I think that it is one less piece in the box.
 
I thought how this is like my life right now. Waiting.  One way is with my hair.  I want it to get past this stage that it is.  I am so grateful that I am not bald like last year.  I am also grateful that my hair came back.  But trying to get past this curl is trying my patience.  I want my hair the way it used to be, because I knew how to handle it.  I knew how to fix it.  I knew how I wanted it at the salon. 
 
Now,  all I know how to do with my hair is fluff it with gel.  I keep hoping that at some point it will go back straight like it used to be and that I can have "me" back again.  I just have to wait, "one piece at a time". I am hoping that those pieces are in my life puzzle
 
 

 
It's like that in any part of my life.  Sometime's it's the "waiting game",  and I don't usually have patience for it.  Through this trial of having cancer, I really have learned about "the waiting game". Just like this puzzle.  Things happen, one piece at a time.
 
In 4 days, I get my next CT scan and see how the harmone blocker has done the past 4 months.  I have a feeling that it hasn't worked, but we will see.  I see her on January 20th and she will tell me. 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I hate the waiting game too. It is like your life is put on hold while everyone around you is moving forward with their lives. When I worked at the U of U Medical Center everything seemed to be in hurry up and wait mode. I truly hope this time of waiting, for you, brings about great things. Hopefully your body is taking the time it needs to readjust and reboot back to where it was before Chemo took so much out of it. My thoughts and prayers are with you as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry lynn if I had not just read the last two posts I would have not guessed at all that you were notfeeling well . When I saw you at church on your curly day I thought you looked SO CUTE ! Mahbe bcz ihave felt embarrassed about my hair for a long time :/ By today you have had your CT scan and will see the Dr soon .. I am praying for good news for you .Defintely Chin up !!

    ReplyDelete