My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Friday, February 6, 2015

My first day of radiation, and getting sick







 
 

These are two of several pictures I had them take of me in the Tomo Therapy machine as I was finishing my first day of radiation.  These are the only pictures I dared put on my blog because of my top and sweats being pulled up and down to show the tattoos on my abdomen/torso that they made. 

The purple is the bean bag.  See how it conforms to my legs feet and ankles?  And the saran wrap stuff I talked about in the last post on top. 

The first picture is me coming out of the tunnel from the radiation.  It all took about 30 minutes and with my arms above my head, they were about dead staying in the position that long.

After the procedure, I went in the doctor's office and waited for him to come in and talk to me.  I had my daughter Emily with me.  Within about 5 minutes, I started feeling green, and I found the garbage can in his office and out came breakfast. I know.  tmi.  Then he came in and I had to go to his garbage can again while he was in there.  [ Embarrassing!]  He felt so bad that it had affected me this way.  We made some plans for next weeks appointment so that I don't get sick, and a prescription. He also told me that everything went perfect and how they really gave me a large dose of radiation today and are giving me the weekend off to get used to it before next week. Emily thinks the doctor looks like he is only '20' years old!  Funny stuff.

Before I left the hospital, I had to run to throw up again and twice on the way home.  I felt an queasiness  till late afternoon.  And I was tired!!!  But boy did I sleep good that night!   1 down, 4 to go!!!  Hoping for raisins!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Terry Lynn- I hope the worst of these radiation treatments is over for you and that the next 4 go much better. It's no fun to be sick but it's going to be worth in the end when those tumors shrink away! It was good to talk with you last week! Hang in there!! What a journey you have been on!

    ReplyDelete