My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Last Radiation Day....I am a bell ringer!


What a day!!  Today I finished my radiation.  While I am in the tube, I sing primary songs to help me take my mind off of the loud noises, and the time goes by faster.  Lying there with my arms above my head and having to hold perfectly still for a half hour takes it's toll. 

When I was finished, I was elated.  I went out in the waiting room to Kim and they directed us back in the hall.  The video above is what happened.  There was a gold plaque with a short poem on it about surviving cancer, and how I was done with the radiation, and to ring the victory bell three times.  If you are watching this on a cell or ipad, it probably wont show.  You need to see it on a computer.  All of the crew that has been with me the whole time were there as I rang the bell and they all cheered me on after I did it.

They then told me about these Tibetan flags that have a meaning of hope and health, and I was given 5 of them to hang outside and the weave in the flags are loose, and fibers of the flag will fly out and it goes in the wind for hope and health.( I hung them in the house to see them for awhile.  There is all this writing I can not read on it.)


Then they told me how my name will go on a Tibetan flag and it will be taken to Mt. Everest/ Himalaya's by hikers and hung on top of the Mountain to fly freely and fiber by fiber, go in the wind.  I guess it is a cool ritual.


Then there was a sack they gave me with a blanket and a hat for me.  Isn't that the kindest thing?  I was so impressed and they have been so extremely kind to me through the whole process. 

Remember, this is "Operation Raisin", and that is the main goal here. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful way to finish Operation Raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My favorite primary song is "I am a Child of God". Always makes me feel loved and very special..

    ReplyDelete