My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

a little miracle for me

I feel like I just got a golden ticket in my Oompa Loompa bar!!!!

I went to my oncologists office today assuming I was going to hear the same bad news I heard a few days ago and how there was nothing that could be done for me.  I was prepared.  But guess what?  It didn't happen!!!!!!

He said that there was a medication he would like to try me on with minimal side effects.  It isn't FDA approved though.  And he has some friends at Huntsman Cancer Institute that know of studies on different cancers and he wants to see if a study is being done on my cancer, liver.  And between the two things, he says that because I am still strong and not sickly and in pain and have a bad liver, he can try me on these medications.  If I was sick, he would send me home and try to keep me comfortable as possible, end of story. But I haven't gotten sickly yet which is to my benefit.

He said he has worked with a man my age with the same cancer and in the same situation as me and he has been able to help him and it has been a year now.  Wow.  I was stoked!!  He wasn't too concerned when I brought up how fast I felt the tumors were growing.  He showed us how small they were and said if he could keep them that size and not grow any more, I could live a normal lengthy life even with those tumors and lesions.  He was all about being positive and acting like this was not the horrible scenario I thought it was. He said he was going to do his homework and find out what Huntsman had and what drug to use for me and call our insurance.  Wow!!  I then got my port flushed in the chemotherapy room and I went home a much less stressed woman than when I came in.  My life is still having miracles it seems.  This was another miracle I felt.  Thank you to all of you with your prayers for me.  It has been the seeds of my miracles.  I CANT GIVE UP!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love you Terry Lynn :) you are one brave girl ! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony . Praying for you all !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This news made my whole week! Many prayers were answered yesterday, and I'm so happy and relieved for all of you. Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable!!! Go for it!!!...and I hope it works!! We want you around for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both my MIL and husband have been treated at Huntsman and have been treated well. My MIL was part of an experimental drug trial which did stop the growth of and shrank her tumors. As to non FDA approved drugs I was lucky. I went into labor with my son when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant. Scary. After signing about 20 release forms I took a non FDA approved medication to stop the contractions. My son is now 36 years old and a great blessing in my life. There is always hope and miracles do happen. Sending love and prayers your way that your miracles continue for many, many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Terry Lynn :) you are one brave girl ! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony . Praying for you all !

    ReplyDelete