My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Huntsman........ And grieving

News from my oncologist!!!!

He called me on Thursday and said he had talked to a friend at Huntsman and that there was a couple of experimental studies on liver cancer that he wants me to do.  He said he was optimistic about these studies.  He said he had seen patients in my position being helped by these studies.  He also said that he wasn't going to start me on chemo.  He just wants me to start on these studies. He said that if  he was in my spot that that is exactly what he would do.  He said someone from Huntsman cancer institute will call me the first of next week.  I am sooooooooo happy that I don't have to start chemo again!!!!!  Yea!!!!!

The last two days, I have been to a viewing for a family friend who died from cancer, and the next day, a funeral for a relative who lost his battle with cancer.  It has  really rattled me.  Both lost their lives to this terrible C word.  I have spilled  too many tears this weekend seeing myself in those caskets and it has been an emotional roller coaster.  I am a little down and need a booster shot with some happiness in it.  It's got me in a funky mood that I need to change.  I don't like feeling negative like this. Tomorrow will be a better day.  I just need to grieve I guess.

1 comment:

  1. YAY to the optimistic studies...YAY to no chemo...BOO to the funky mood! I'm sorry you had to attend 2 funerals when this subject is so close to your situation ...but grieve for those who have passed and rejoice for your second chance! You are a walking miracle Terry Lynn!

    ReplyDelete