My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

MRI not read yet. More tumors. Black tumors

I need to write a little about my MRI and doctor appointment yesterday, since everyone on Facebook knew I was going to find out how well the radiation worked.  The problem is, is that after we left St. Marks getting the MRI, we went to my doctors office to have him read the MRI and the radiologist hadn't sent the report yet.  So my doctor tried to decipher what he thought he could see.  What he did see was that the radiation had worked good on the tumors and there were a lot of black ones.  This is good.  In the left part of  my liver, in December there was three dots.  Those three dots are now small tumors.  This is not good.  There is also a spot on my lung that hasn't been there before.  He wants me to have a CT scan to get a picture of the whole lung so we can see what is going on.  After the CT scan, he will call me about both the MRI and CT.  So...... I play the waiting game some more.  I do that a lot it seems.      That's all I have to report right now.

1 comment:

  1. Having to go through radiation treatment is painful enough of an experience for anyone but having to wait and find out if all of that treatment has paid off must be difficult, too! To go through all of that waiting to get bad news is so disheartening (and then to learn that there is even more waiting ahead) is harder still.

    ReplyDelete