My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Funny Prescription!! And its legitimate!!

I went to my family doctor yesterday.  He told me that I don't need oxygen any more but I do need home health physical therapy.  It made me glad that I can toss the oxygen.

He also wrote me a prescription for when we go on vacation next week, to have a wheelchair at Disneyland.  It cracked me up.  I thought he was kidding when he said he was going to do it, but he was serious. He wrote a novel on the prescription about what I was going through and how I needed to not wait in line.  I did get a laugh out of it though. 

On a whole, on a scale of 1-10, I feel like a 5.  I am noticing that I have pain in many different places now than I have in the past.  Now that I am getting more tumors in new places, it is expanding in different places in my body and I am starting to feel them. 

I am getting stronger though.  That was my hope this week as I am going to Huntsman tomorrow for my third infusion. I just knew I needed my strength to be able to do an infusion so close to my hospital visit.  My oncologist said that about now, a month into the infusions, that my body should start responding to the infusion.  If it is going to work on me, it needs to kick in fast and stop the tumor growths and stop new ones, because they are out of control fast now.  I feel that this is my last chance.  I want to be that "one-in-four" to have this work.  I need it to be me!!

I cannot stress enough, how caring and loving my family, neighbors, friends and ward members have been to us.  There seems to be an act of service in our/my behalf daily.  It is so humbling and emotional for me to accept so much kindness from others.  It is so hard for me to be on a receiving end of service and ask for help in someway or another, and tears fall freely as I write this because I am so in debt to practically everyone I know for their kindness and service to me.  Thank you to all of you reading this who send me cards in the mail, take me to doctor appointments, bring meals, treats, phone calls, or just text me to see how I am doing.  It is so humbling to us both. 

Last but not least, is that I have an angel husband.  That is the only way to explain him.  He is so invested in my comfort and well being, that he amazes me.  Where does he get the mental, emotional and physical strength to always be there for me? Love constantly flows from him to me in assisting me.  I really couldn't do this alone.  Thank you Kim.  You will always be the love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. You get what you give Terry Lynn. I'm sure you have gone over and above to help others in your lifetime. Now it's your turn to be on the receiving end. Let others help you. It makes them feel good too. Stay strong! You can still beat this monster called cancer. As as for Kim...well he is a saint! You are one lucky woman to have him! Take care dear.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete