My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Huntsman radiation consultation

Today I went back to Huntsman to have a consultation with a Radiology Oncologist.  He feels like he could help me. That was encouraging. Radiation has always helped me in the past.

The plan is to go make my radiation molds when we get back from vacation and have radiation for three days in a row the day before I have my next infusion.
1- It will help with my pain in some of the tumors
2-  it will encourage the immune therapy infusion to kick in and get it working.

I was very encouraged.  There will be the side effects I had last time, mainly with me, no energy, lots of fatigue, and nausea.  I will be making many trips to Huntsman after our vacation.  I am glad I have this option.  It makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment