My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Vacation

Kim and I have been gone on vacation for 9 days.  We needed time to just relax and be away from our stresses..  We needed to go and have fun and not think about the "C" word....... and boy did we have fun.

 I got a wheelchair in the Salt Lake, Vegas and LAX airports which saved my bacon.  It was a long walk through those airports.  We also rented a wheelchair at both Disney days which also was the best thing for my situation.  Kim was my Knight in Shining Armor pushing me all over Disneyland up and down ramps.  It seemed like so many up ramps.  He was awesome. 

We got home Saturday night, and early Sunday morning I got that same pain it seemed, when I had pneumonia.  We went to the ER and they think it is the gall bladder and I am supposed to call my oncologist at Huntsman and go through him for whatever we do.  I felt so low at the ER yesterday when I was told that I would probably need my gall bladder out.  I just felt like that I couldn't take that on also.  Kim gave me a blessing last night to give me the strength mentally, emotionally and physically to be able to go through whatever I will need to.  I don't know anything about gall bladder surgery.  How long you are in the hospital or anything about it.  I guess I need to try and find out.

THE VACATION WAS GOOD!  VEGAS, ANAHEIM AND OCEANSIDE!  WONDERFUL!!

1 comment:

  1. A non stress vacation sounds wonderful. How nice to take a relaxing vacation that is fun too. My granddaughter had her gallbladder endoscopically removed in same day surgery. She recovered in about a week.

    ReplyDelete