My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I need to get out of the doldrums.

Ok.  I need an attitude adjustment.  I feel so low and down.  I can't get past going to the ER Sunday after I had had such a much needed and relaxing vacation.  Then barely 12 hours later I am back in the ER telling me I need my gall bladder out.  My Huntsman nurse called me today and said that he thinks that I don't need my gall bladder out and that it is my cancer causing my pain. I can't take in deep breaths or hiccup or anything but normal breathing or my pain shoots through the roof. Today I seem to be feeling a bit better but Norco around the clock is not sufficient. I need something stronger.  The ER giving me the strong stuff in an IV makes me feel like "ahhhh, thank you".  But that isn't in pill form.  Percocet and Norco just don't cut it.  And with this worry about gall bladder, I have been a mess and not a very happy person. Tonight I felt better than I have since Sunday.  I just need my attitude to brighten up.  I feel sad and gloomy and frankly feel like giving up.  But I won't.  I am not a quitter so I need to perk up.  Sorry this is a lousy post, but it is how I am feeling.

I have my next infusion in two days and have an appointment with the radiation doctor to plan the radiation days in two weeks.  I would like a penny for every tear I have shed as of late.  I could take a bath in them there are so many.

If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay.......
Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away.
No one likes a frowny face, change it for a smile......
Make the world a better place by smiling all the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment