My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

My Dreaded Week Is Over!! :))

 
This is what my leg looks like when it gets out of the vacume mold having radiation.  It sucks all the air out and the plastic digs into your skin just like a seal-a-meal.  This picture was ten minutes after they took the vacume off.  I wonder what it looked like right after. Disgusting huh!

This was so awesome.  While I was in the infusion room at Huntsman, these good looking young men all walked into the infusion room and sang 3 songs acapella to all of us hooked up to infusions.  They were from Skyline High school mens choir.  They were so good.  I loved their first song.  It was a Disney medley of so many Disney songs.   It made me a bit teary that they took time out to come to the hospital and sing to us.  We also got a bag of different things in the infusion room from people who donated and worked on these bags for cancer patients.  There was probably about 15 things in the bag.  People are so kind. 
 
 
Oh my.  I don't know where to start about this week.  To start out, I went to Huntsman Cancer Institute every day.  Since it takes an hour there and an hour home, it pretty much took up a day.  I was so tired of going there.  Each day, a different person took me and I thank again, everyone who did. 
 
I was supposed to have 3 days of radiation.  I ended up having 4.  On day 2, I threw up in the middle of it and had to come out of the vacume and you can't move even an 1/8 of an inch or you have to start over.  I threw up, therefore they canceled the rest of the procedure. 
 
The day of the CT scan, I threw up in the middle of that also.  They were able to salvage what they had done, and just continued the scan after my sickness.
 
The big finding of the week was my doctor telling me about my CT scan.  It was bad news yet good news.
a.  When the doctor came in, he looked somewhat not happy and told me that my cancer is still spreading.  That is not what I wanted to hear.
b.  On the other hand, he wanted to see what condition I was in when he walked into the room.  I did not look nor act sick, like last time when I had so much pain ( I looked sick that day).  I was having a good day and was happy and he decided then that he could not stop my infusions yet.  Besides, we weren't even done with the radiation that was supposed to help kick start the infusion into working and doing it's thing.  He told me that he wanted me to have about 6 more weeks infusion, which means  3 more  before he calls it off.  Give it a little more time.
 
So I was happy we weren't scrapping the infusions yet. 
 
Friday when I finished my last radiation, I "graduated" from radiation and they gave me a blanket.  I was in tears when the last thing was done on Friday and I could go home.  It was a very exhausting week and I hope the things I did will help my cancer to stop growing and spreading. 
 


1 comment:

  1. You are a brave star Terry Lynn ! Been thinking of you and praying for a good outcome with your new treatment !

    ReplyDelete