My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Three Years Later!!! Here is where I am in life.

 
Another infusion day at Huntsman.  Wearing my "Hope" key and chain that Shane gave me to wear on infusion day.

 
This puzzle is on the wall as you are going into the infusion room.  I have never seen this big of a puzzle before. The pieces are so small and they all look alike!!!  I love puzzles but I can't imagine trying to do this puzzle!!!! I would love to know how many pieces are in this puzzle.

Well, another infusion day over.  This was an interesting day.  The big thing I needed to do today was talk to my doctor about my pain.  Norco/Lortab and Percocet is not cutting it and I feel awful all the time since the emergency room on Sunday.  When I am in pain, I don't feel like myself and don't feel like doing anything.  I feel like a shell of who I should be.  The tears started spilling out when he asked me how I was doing.  We had a good discussion about what to do with my pain.  I have now been on my new pain plan for a day and I am so excited about it. It is like comparing black and white.  He told me again how I don't look sick and how hopeful he is for my infusion to work for me. 

I went into radiology to get my mapping/molds made of my body for round three of radiation with my cancer. (First radiation here at Huntsman).   I got a new tattoo for the radiation which brings the total to 6 now.  They are on my abdomen.  Just dots is all.  But noticeable. 

After the mapping, the nurse talked to me about the radiation and how extremely lethargic I will be for several weeks and especially how nauseated I will be.  I guess the nausea will get worse a month after radiation.  I will have three days of radiation.  Every other day.  Also, in between radiation days, I will have another infusion. That week will be a week I am not excited about in the least.  I am going to need extra will power and strength.  I feel weak in that area right now.  I have awesome friends and family who have already come forward and offered to take me back and forth to Huntsman that week, since Kim will have to work.  It's an hour away which takes up someone's whole day for me.  Thank you to all who have taken me so far.  I have deeply appreciated it.  I am sure it won't be the last time I will have to ask someone to take me.

I am so happy about being at Huntsman.  I wish I could have gotten there 2 years before.

Oh, and guess what?  Three years ago, on Mother's Day is when I found out something was really wrong with me.  I got horribly sick, and went to the doctor the next day.  The day after that I was told I had cancer.  Then that first oncologist is the one we disliked so much.  He was awful.  I remember that he told me I had just a few months to a year to live.  Now it has been 3 years!!!!  I am so glad you were wrong!!!



3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you love to be able to look that first oncologist in the eye and say "You were wrong!" Happy Mother's Day to a strong, beautiful, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you love to be able to look that first oncologist in the eye and say "You were wrong!" Happy Mother's Day to a strong, beautiful, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13200 pieces, Lahaina Vision, Clementoni puzzles
    I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete