My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 25th is the Day

I got my chemo medication on Tuesday afternoon.  I decided to wait until after the holiday to start it.  So July 25th is the big day.  I was told by my doctor that this medication should not be my enemy.  The cancer is the enemy and this is my dear friend. I must imagine powerful things taking place in the cancer when I take it.  I am to think of some picture in my mind of what I think of when taking this pill.  Something battling the bad guy.  She wants to know what my image is when i see her next.  As of yet, I don't know.  Any ideas out there?  I am open for suggestions..........  But the day is almost finally here.

11 comments:

  1. Think of sitting on a beach in the shade in Hawaii! Cool breeze in your face with an ice cold drink! What a view and the only thing you can hear is the waves coming in.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the beach idea Kevin..... I think I will think of that as well :)

      Delete
  2. I would think of Peter (the apostle) raising his hand and telling Satan to DEPART! That's one of the strongest displays of good vs. evil that I can think of, and we definately want Mr. 'C' to DEPART!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok here is an idea put your cancer in a bottle , seal it with a cork,put in the ocean from an awesome port it the carribean (like St Lucia) and watch it float away until it disappears in the distance .....never to be seen or heard from again ! Each roll of the waves is another dose as it slowly but surely takes it out to sea .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or here is another one from my grandson Max ....each time you take a dose say "Avengers Assemble!" And imagine all those super heros smashing the cancer cells to smithereens :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mom, its becca. I don't know how to comment on this so hope this works.. You should think of the cancer as a dementor (harry potter) and than the meds as the white horse making the evil go away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had more time to think, I see a vision of Mom holding your hands saying, "Terry Lynn, I am right here, I went through it, and will help you through it!" Wow...what a site.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Kevin... a very good thought.

      Delete
  7. That last comment made me cry. Just think of poke mon eating the cancer with every pill you take

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Terry Lynn: this is your cousin, Randy Thather; thank you for this blog; I'm grateful for these updates, and I'm keeping you tucked into my prayers. Keep fighting this good fight! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all of these comparisons...David and Goliath come to mind. Even a little guy can conquer a big meanie!Slay this demon!and keep your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete