My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Nexivar is a go! Am I ready? NOT!

Today has been a really busy day as far as getting my Nexivar medication. I got a call this morning from the drug company, and they will help pay some of our cost on the drug! We are so happy! We are now down to an affordable amount . A huge miracle. They will help pay it for a year.  Then we have to try and get help again. We will have to do that for the rest of my life as I continue this drug, as I will always take it for as long as it helps. The drug is being shipped to me as I speak. They think I should have it Monday or Tuesday, July 22nd or 23rd. I will start it then.  And guess what? I can lose my hair after all! :(   The nurse from the drug company told me I can have thinning hair and that it could fall out on my pillow or in the shower. They told me the other side effects possible. ( Please don't let me get some of them)! Some sound so awful, including the hair loss. I may have to hide in my house till they go away! (Just kidding....well, sort of just kidding. I could look pretty awful with a face plastered with a red rash and nasty hair).  I asked Kim if he will still love me when I look really ugly.  He laughed and said yes! HE LAUGHED!  This isn't a laughing matter!!!!  Well, OK, it is!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment