My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Am I allergic to dishwashers? I must be.

Well, I had a setback Friday evening.  Kim and I were in an appliance store looking and when we started looking at dishwashers, I started hurting, and on a scale of 1-100, my pain level went from 1 to 110 in less than 60 seconds. I had to walk away while Kim talked to the salesman and I leaned on a dryer down the isle, and I thought I would pass out.  One of the owners saw I wasn't feeling good, and asked me if I wanted to sit down. I couldn't even answer them.  I got Kim's attention from where I was standing and mouthed to him that I was sick. He pretty much could see something was really wrong and quickly came to my side.  I thought I may have to go to the emergency room, but after about 20 minutes it started letting up and subsiding some. I didn't feel too great the rest of the weekend, but nothing like those 20 minutes that came on so suddenly that I didn't know what hit me!  It was a reminder of my illness that usually doesn't flare up.  Humm.... I felt like a wimp in that store.  I must be allergic to dishwashers is all I can figure out!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you don't have too many more of those. Stay away from dishwashers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sticker shock? Sorry to hear you went through that experience. Hope it doesn't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sticker shock comment :) I get sick having to buy stuff like that too.... Okay maybe yours was a little more extreme......

    I just love your wigs BTW.... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sticker shock..hilarious!! Love it. I'd go with the dishwasher allergy though...for sure...someone is just going to have to do the dishes from now on..sorry! I was so scared reading your post though. I pray continually that you'll have the strength and peace you need as you work through this. And just so you know how popular you are...I also write your name on the little prayer roll paper of the Portland temple every time I go...so Oregon is even praying for you!! =D Just stay away from dishwashers now - teehee

    ReplyDelete