My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dr. Qader. I will miss you.

I just received word this Sunday evening that my family doctor, Dr. Qader, died of a heart attack last night.  I think I am still in shock!!! He has tried to preserve my life multiple times in helping me with my blood pressure, cholesterol, and all the things you go to a doctor for.  And most recently, he had me have a CT scan in May, to see why I was so sick, and he called Kim and I in his office to personally tell us that I had cancer.  He didn't want to do it over the phone.

I first met Dr. Qader when I had a stroke, 7 years ago.  He was my doctor in the hospital. Our insurance changed and so we couldn't go to our regular family doctor.  I was so impressed with Dr. Qader in the hospital and his exquisite care he gave me, that I wanted him to be our new family doctor.  He has been like a friend to Kim and I. He would even read this blog. He has been so supportive to me through all this cancer stuff, and most recently worked so hard to get my blood pressure regulated.  What a wonderful person.  Doctors aren't supposed to die on us!  They are supposed to keep us alive and healthy until they retire.  He was much younger than Kim and I.  It shouldn't have been his time to go. I am so so saddened. A very smart, caring, and kind man has passed on.

On Friday, when I left getting my CT scan, and I was passing Dr. Qaders office, I had this feeling I needed to stop in and wish them all happy holidays, and I didn't do it!  It was one day before he was gone.  Why did I not listen to that small voice that told me to go say hello. It would have been my personal goodbye.


1 comment:

  1. Dr Qader came to our exercise gym last year for a while.he was so nice! We were goingto start going to his practice as well . Restin peace and bless your family Dr Qader.

    ReplyDelete