My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Post Christmas Thoughts




Looking back at some of the Christmas parties, and activities I have had, it has been sobering.  This is a picture of my Thatcher Family Christmas Party at our home.  I love being with them.  I wonder if I will ever have them at my home again.  Was it the last time?  I would hope not.  But if it is, I want them to know how much fun I had having them here.  I love my brothers and sister and their families.  I wish Gordon and his family had lived closer to come also.

As I think of putting away my Christmas decorations, I want to put the most important things that I want Kim to bring out next year on top.  He can pick the things that he likes the most to have out for the family.  It is so sobering to think along the lines of not being here next year with them all.  But I am at peace within myself if it doesn't happen even though it makes me sad, and I don't want to believe that it may be so.  It has been a great holiday that I have loved every minute of:
"The ward Christmas party, my office party dinner, our office pot luck, Christmas Eve with my kids and their families, Christmas carolers, Christmas lights on temple square, doing the nativity,Christmas day with my husband and son, Christmas cards from so many.   Goodies and treats from so many neighbors."  It is all what Christmas is in my world.  Especially knowing why we celebrate the season.

I am planning on being here for a very long time, but I have to be realistic that there is a chance I may not experience Christmas with my family and friends again.  Therefore, I leave these feeling I have on this blog today.

On another note, I got a CT scan again yesterday.  Gotta love drinking barium!!!  YUM.  I will find out all about the scan on Tuesday afternoon as I visit with my Doctor.  By the way, she is a wonderful oncologist and her name is Dr. Regina Klein. I highly recommend her if any of you are ever in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment