My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I have not put anything on my blog for quite awhile.  I have been so busy with Christmas that I literally haven't had time.  I get pretty tired in the evenings and I go to bed when Kim does, which is 8:30, since he has to get up at 3:15 in the morning.  I do have a couple of pictures I want to put on.  I will try to tomorrow.

I do have another CT scan that I am getting on the 27th of December.  That will tell us what the cancer is doing. I cross my fingers.

Kim and I had a special moment a few days ago.  I don't really know how to explain it.  And I can't do it justice on paper. 

We were sitting at the table opening some Christmas cards we had received in the mail that day.  I looked on the wall where I tape them up after reading them.  As I stared at the cards on the wall, I got really emotional wondering if this was my last Christmas.  No words were spoken between us and I looked at Kim and tears were freely rolling down his cheeks also.  I had no idea he was having his own thoughts and emotions.  We looked at each other with tears streaming down our cheeks, not knowing what the other was thinking.  We then embraced each other and had a moment to connect emotionally. It was tender. 

I still don't know his thoughts during that moment, and he doesn't know mine, but I feel we were in sinc for those few minutes as we thought about our future.

2 comments:

  1. How touching. Thanks for sharing. I hope you and Kim have a wonderful Christmas this year. All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two have Something very special . I am so happy you have eachother to depend on!

    ReplyDelete