My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ice Cream and my Christmas Necklace


Today is the day after Christmas.  Let me tell you about my Christmas.

First of all, food doesn't taste all that good for the most part, much of the time, and it hurts my tongue.  A food that sounds good this morning, may sound awful in 2 hours and sound awful for days.  It's crazy.  But something I crave ALL THE TIME NOW IS ICE CREAM!! It never ceases to amaze me how much I want ice cream!!  I have to keep buying some to stay in my freezer.  Or order a shake at Wendy's.  I have no idea why that always sounds good, when most everything else is always so iffy.  I know....I am nuts....(over ice cream, that is).

Yesterday was Christmas, and how sweet it was.  I had my family all around me on Christmas Eve, and we had such a wonderful time. Kim and I had made ceramic plates for each family member with their name and a picture that reminded us of them on it. Each couple had their wedding date and name. We spent several hours and multiple trips to the ceramic store to make them all, and watching them all open their plates on Christmas Eve, made me very emotional to watch their excited faces and hear them all chattering to each other about them.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I saw their happy faces. It was so worth the effort of our "not-so-professional" plates. They didn't seem to care.

Christmas morning, we had our son Shane here from Henderson, NV and the three of us enjoyed watching each other open our gifts.  In the toe of my stocking, from my 'Knight In Shining Armor', was a small box. Inside was two necklaces, with a half heart on each that fit together and made a beautiful whole heart.  On each half heart said, BFF. (Best Friends Forever).As I looked at them, I was curious about who was going to wear the other half, as I was certain half was for me.  He announced proudly that even though he has never been a jewelry wearer, or rings, or a watch or anything of the sort, he would be wearing the other half of that necklace always, because I was his Best Friend. Oh my gosh.......the flood gates erupted in my eyes as I had just heard my husband tell me that he was going to wear a necklace to remind him of me always!  That is soooooooo out of character for my ruff tuff husband. He came over and tenderly put mine around my neck and handed me his to clasp around his neck.  It really isn't noticeable that much which I am glad about for his sake.  What a tender time that I shall never forget.....ever! That was the sweetest thing and I shall never forget it.

Merry Christmas to all who reads this blog.  Thank you for checking in to see what is going on in my "mostly uneventful" life.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet message - both because of the necklaces and what they symbolize, but also because of the SWEET ICE CREAM. I'm proud of you, Terry Lynn, and know that B&J will help make you strong and healthy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO TL! We live in Ben and Jerry country. In fact, the factory is only about 40 minutes from our apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry Lynn-
    I continue to be an avid reader of your blog. You are so brave and your faith in God shines through in every blog you write. I think of you so often even though we have only met one time. You inspire me to be a better person. Please know what an impact you make on people. I hope you get good news in 2014.
    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete