My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Dermatologist visit

I went to the dermatologist today.  He looked at what is left of my rash and very positively said it was not hives and was a rash from  the Nexivar chemo med.  I showed him the pictures I took of me and all the pieces fit as far as he was concerned to be a reaction to the med.  He said if the Nexivar isn't that much better of a drug than an IV drug, he would change drugs.  If it is a lot better than any IV drug, then no matter how much of the Nexivar I take, 1 pill a day, or 4 pills a day, (which I was taking), it will still cause the rash, only next time it may be worse.  He said if my doctor still wants the Nexivar, he can give me stuff to help with the rash and itching, but it will still be pretty awful for me and could still be very uncomfortable with the itching. 
So now what?
 
I don't know.  I just keep getting road blocks all along this road to recovery.  It would be so nice to just have a smooth ride.  But I guess no one learns lessons in life if the road doesn't have holes and bumps in it.  I just wish I could have some new asphalt.

I don't see my oncologist for another week. 

4 comments:

  1. Ya seriously where is the new pavement ? I suppose you make that for yourself right ? I hope the oncologist has some options for you . Meanwhile enjoy the time with no chemo :) thanks for keeping us updated Terry Lynn . Tomorrow is a new day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you and do pray for you. My best wishes are for you and your health. Keep up that smile. It's so nice to see old (the best possible meaning of the word) friends on FB. Love to you, Charlene Gold Pace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs from the Mehle's. We are thinking of you and praying that the road to recovery will start being a smoother, less bumpy one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you get some definite answers soon Terry Lynn...I wouldn't want to have that rash all the time either. I hope you are feeling well in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete