My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hives from my chemo and the port in my collar bone

 Here is my chest/neck with  the hives I talked about in the preceding post on my blog.  I about went crazy with the itching in the night so we went to the emergency room. I was given benedryl and prednisone.  When I was in the hospital a couple of months ago with the biopsy, they put this port under my skin so when I started intravenous chemo, it would be ready.  My neice Shayli told me I needed to name it.  Then Kim said I should think of my favorite port I have been to.  I knew immediately it was St. Lucia.  So my port is named Lucy for short.  I have not got to use Lucy, since I take oral pills, but that will change if my pills cause me this much distress.  I was told to stop the pills until I see my doctor on Tuesday from my hives.  Anyway, that is Lucy! And might I add, I REALLY dislike her.  She is always black and blue from bumping her. You can see the tubing under my skine that goes up my neck into a main artery.
That is my back.  Couldnt get a very good picture taking it by myself.
My arms are covered, and scalp, and legs.  This morning I noticed my face is getting it also.  They arent this severe yet.  I sooooo hope that my face doesn't get worse like these pictures.  Wow,I have had lots of posts the last few days.  I have a really neat post I want to post soon that happened a few days ago.  About my mom who died 30 years ago, almost to  the day.She died from breast cancer at age 49.  I cant wait to put that post on.  I dont want to overwhelm anyone readying this with so many stories and pictures.

I might add, that my chemo could produce a skin rash, but this is extreme.  We will see what my doctor says on Tuesday.

Also, I am sorry for this being so graphic, but it is part of the Road I am Traveling.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That must be so uncomfortable! I go nuts when I have a mosquito bite much less hives that severe! I hope you got relief from the prednisone and benadryl. Like I said in my last post...I think the treatment is worse than the disease. You must be so scared Terry Lynn. Hang in there and see what they say on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am trying to NOT be mad at your Avenger friend Nexivar :/ so sorry you have those aweful stinkin hives ! You are SO BRAVE TERRY LYNN. Hope you are feeling better from the prednisone it always makes the world of difference forme when I'm having an allergic reaction or athsma. Pray pray ?... fasting for you tomorrow :) you are T H E B E S T !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry Lynn, I just happened to stumble upon your post while looking for the name of a bone in the neck/chest area that I now know is called the, sternum. Anyways, I wanted to reach out for you & tell you that I am very sorry that you are having to go through this type of itchy, uncomfortable, painful illness. I know we've never met & Ive never even seen your face but I became very emotional after seeing your photos & reading your posts. I want you to know that I am praying for you to make it through this. Im praying for you to not have to feel like youre going to go insane from those itchy hives. You sound like a true fighter & just from what you wrote I can feel that you are a strong person. I wish all the best for you on your journey through this ordeal. You, Terry Lynn, are in my prayers. God Bless you ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. After posting my comment, I just scrolled down further & saw a photo of your face & Youre Beautiful! Get well soon Terry Lynn

    ReplyDelete