My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Side effects of chemo after week #1

Ok.  I am so lucky thus far into my treatment. If I only have these side effects, I will be a happy camper!
1. Like I said before, my palms are heat sensitive and sore.

2.  The bottoms of my feet are sore. I have to have slippers on around the house.  They are too tender to go barefoot.

3.  My tongue feels like it is burned so the taste buds don't work.  I am not enjoying eating because  I can't taste the darn stuff.  ( I will admit that this is the worst symptom).

4.  My head is getting really sore, which is a sign that I may lose my hair.  I have been vain about this, I will admit it.  I don't want to lose my hair.  When it started getting sore, I thought about it.....if I was losing an arm or a leg from a side effect, that would be reason to be horrified.  I may just lose my hair, and IT WILL GROW BACK!  I can't grow back a body limb!  Who knows.  Maybe my gray will come back brown.  Or I get natural curl. Or I become a red head. Or it comes back silky smooth.......or....or......I know. Now I am being silly.

So after week one, that is where I am on this "Road I Travel" these days.  It is a new life.  I am trying to get used to it. I am told it takes about 1 1/2 weeks for the symptoms to come.  Maybe more will surface, but I am not sick.  That is good.

You all give me such courage!  And when I hear from so many of you that you pray for me, it makes me so happy, thankful, and tearful.  I just wish you all know how that makes my heart feel so full. This is the happiness that has come out of this trial for me.  All of you and your kindness and prayers for me.  The tears drip down my face as I write this, because of you. I am blessed by you.  A huge thanks!

PS. Whoever is sending me the happy face notes,  Thank you.  And I love the sand dollar!

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong to fight this fight. I pray every day that you are victorious in this battle for your life.

    ReplyDelete