My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dermatologist. Why can't I just be a text book case?

Today I saw my Oncologist.  She has been out of town and saw my pictures of my rash/hives for the first time.  She is so perplexed.  My Nexivar should not do what it did to me? And if I had been allergic, I would have had troubles breathing with as bad as it was.  So my perplexed doctor is sending me to a dermatologist . She wants to speak to, ( in my case) her and get her expertise.  Since I still have quite a rash on my trunk and legs, she wants to see me in 2 weeks.  In the meantime, I am shedding like a dog and no chemo medicine till then.

4 comments:

  1. Your inner beauty will shine through Terry Lynn. It's just hair. I hope your rash resolves and you can get on with a different treatment. I love your positive attitude during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, toots. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found your blog. So sorry for all you're going through. It's so good that you have a kind husband. I am wondering . . . my father, your mother, you (do you know of any others from West Mt. that had liver cancer?) You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Love to you, Charlene Pace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe what you are going through. You are so strong with such a positive attitude. I cried when I saw the pictures of your rash. I am so sorry you have to go through so much. Just a thought, from my past experience with patients, when your hair starts to fall out, just cut it off. It is depressing to see hair on your pillow every night. Think of it as a new beginning, a fresh start. I have seen some wonderfully shaped heads. Why I married a folically challanged man! Know you are in my prayers. Sherrie

    ReplyDelete