My life changed dramatically on Mother's Day 2013. Three days later I was diagnosed with cancer from my physician. This blog was made to keep my family and friends informed to what has been happening to me the past few weeks. When I find out news from different Doctor's through all of the procedures I have had, so many of you have wanted me to text, email, call, or someway contact you. It humbles me how many of you are concerned. Sometimes I forget to contact some of you. This way, you can stay in touch with what is happening now. Please feel free to comment. I hope I have it set up so you can. If not, I will ask Emily my daughter to help me, since she helped me get this set up.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Second surgery over. I radiate!!! One more to go.

Today is the day after my surgery.  The doctor said it went well.. I hope so.  For the two hours in surgery, I again was kept groggy awake on purpose so I could hold my breath and blow it out when they told me to.  I was not too happy about this.  I was awake last time they inserted the catheter and hated feeling everything and hearing everything.  I really thought I wouldn't have to do it again.  This time was worse.  The nurse could tell when I couldn't stand the pain any more and asked to give me more pain med which I was thankful for.  I got nauseous after surgery for a bit.  I feel like a mag truck ran over me today, the day after.  I go see this doctor a few days before Christmas and have the (hopefully) final surgery December 30.  That's not positive but hopeful.

It has been hard to remember to stay three feet away from Kim because of the radiation.  He keeps forgetting too I think.  He sleeps in the guest room for a few days.  The hospital just called and said today probably would be my worst day and I hope so.

Everybody has been so kind.  Meals, cuddly blankets, phone calls.  It has made me feel good.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment